A central focus of activities on the Ludwig Bölkow Campus is the targeted implementation of research findings into products ready for market. In order to cover the entire innovation process chain “from the idea to the product”, LBC promotes the settlement of spin-offs, start-ups and R&D departments of established companies. In this context, the LBC has become a branch office of the successful Business Incubation Centre (BIC) of the European Space Agency (ESA), in mid 2014.
Entrepeneurs find exceptional conditions provided on the LBC:
- Pooling of knowledge in the field of aerospace and security,
- Transfer of research results to other sectors and applications,
- Ground-breaking research infrastructure (offices, shop-floors and laboratories side by side),
- Strong network consisting of representatives from industry and academia,
- Participation in funded research projects,
- Networking with students from the resident top universities,
- Accelerator and incubator programs (e.g. ESA-BIC),
- Expertise in property rights and licences,
- Access to investors (venture capital).
If you are interested, please contact us directly at: